Welcome to the first in a series about what’s new on the WestJet apps for iPhone, Apple Watch and Google Android. You’re on-the-go and we want to keep you in the loop on how our apps will help to get you going to all of our great WestJet destinations.
We’re pretty excited to welcome London Gatwick to the WestJet family. Our first flights across the pond took place May 6. One of our newest updates can be found in My Trips in the WestJet app, which now allows you to pre-purchase your inflight meal directly from the app. Don’t worry, we’ve got tea time covered on board.
WestJet app: new features at a glance
- The app is now displaying low fares for great destinations – go ahead and book your next flight with ease
- Next time you’re searching for a flight, a new calendar will display, highlighting the days with the lowest available fares
- Recent flight booking searches still include real-time prices, and will be kept longer on the Book tab
- If you no longer wish to keep track of a recent flight booking search, you can swipe to remove it
- Have an upcoming trip to London Gatwick? You can pre-purchase your inflight meal directly from the app – under My Trips
- We’ve removed the home screen on both apps. For all info about a trip, you can use My Trips to view your trip details, flight status, check in, upgrade seats, rent a car or buy insurance.
- As soon as you connect to the WestJet Connect Wi-Fi network on board, open the app and it will default to the Connect screen, where you can launch the inflight entertainment portal with one tap
Have feedback on any of these new features and updates? Please share them with us in the comments below.