Due to the continued closure of airspace to the MAX aircraft, we have adjusted our winter schedule to remove the MAX from service from November 4, 2019 through January 5, 2020.
As we have previously done, we are proactively removing the aircraft to offer our guests booking reliability and the ability to plan in advance. While we do not have timing for the return of the MAX to our fleet, this latest schedule update reduces last minute flight cancellations and disruptions to your travel plans – especially during the busy holiday travel season.
For our guests who have booked their travel during this time period and who are affected by these changes, we are proactively notifying you of your rebooked travel options to offer you choice and flexibility in advance of your travel dates.
This latest update, the sixth MAX schedule update since March 13, removes around 14 out of 700 daily flights or less than 2 per cent of our previous schedule. We are proud to be completing more than 98 per cent of our planned departures even with the challenges we are experiencing with our MAX fleet.
The following routes have been adjusted. Any route suspensions are temporary, and WestJet remains committed to resuming these flights once our MAX fleet returns to service:
· Calgary – Hamilton; Daytime flights will change to a late evening arrival in Hamilton and early morning departure back to Calgary.
· Calgary – London, ON (YXU); Daytime flights will change to a late evening arrival in London and early morning departure back to Calgary.
· Calgary – Kelowna; suspended one daily flight
· Saskatoon – Phoenix; Three weekly flights suspended
· Regina – Orlando; One weekly flight suspended
· Regina – Phoenix; Three weekly flights suspended
· Winnipeg – Phoenix; Two weekly flights suspended
· Winnipeg – Palm Springs; Will operate once weekly instead of twice weekly
· Winnipeg – Las Vegas; Two weekly flights suspended
· Toronto – New York LaGuardia; Select weekend flight suspensions. Monday to Friday frequency remains unchanged.
· Toronto – Phoenix; Suspended three weekly flights
· Calgary – Maui; Removed 12 total departures with the number of seats remaining as the same as we will use our 787 Dreamliner on the route, offering our guests more of our Premium Cabin. We remain the airline with the most flights and seats from Calgary to Maui with nearly double the capacity of the next carrier.
· Calgary – Honolulu; Suspended three weekly flights
· Edmonton – Maui; Suspended two weekly flights
· Edmonton – Honolulu; Suspended one weekly flight
· Vancouver – Honolulu; Added 24 flight segments in December to accommodate Alberta flight cancellations.
· Vancouver – Maui; added 24 flight segments in December to accommodate Alberta flight cancellations
· Calgary – London (Gatwick); three flights cancelled in December
· Regina – Cancun; suspended one weekly flight in November. WestJet will operate one weekly flight in December.
· Regina – Puerto Vallarta; One weekly flight suspended. WestJet will continue to operate once weekly in November. Two weekly flights will be suspended in December.
· Winnipeg – Cancun; suspended three weekly flights
· Winnipeg – Puerto Vallarta; suspended three weekly flights in December