We are excited to announce that we have partnered with McDonald’s® Canada to offer McCafé Premium Roast coffee on board WestJet aircraft.
The first flight, taking place today (November 21, 2016) from Toronto to Calgary, represents a global-first for McDonald’s and an unprecedented next step in the McCafé coffee journey, which in recent years has continued its emphasis on providing Canadians with A New Way to Café.
By December 1, we will offer McCafé Premium Roast coffee across our fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 aircraft with our regional airline, WestJet Encore, to follow.
WestJet and McDonalds Canada’s high standards for quality and guest satisfaction were reflected in developing new brewing procedures on-board. The result is a uniquely rich, bold taste of McCafé Premium Roast Coffee that will surprise and delight guests on our flights.
“We are delighted to bring a new way to café on board WestJet and know that our 21 million guests per year will enjoy the taste of a complimentary McCafé Premium Roast coffee wherever they are flying. The collaboration between our two caring brands is a perfect pairing, as McCafé’s values are reflected in WestJet’s commitment to offer an unmatched guest experience.”
– Gregg Saretsky, WestJet President and CEO
“We’ve always believed that the sky is the limit for McCafé – and today this officially rings true. We’re proud that Canadians have welcomed McCafé into their homes and daily routines, and now our partnership with WestJet lets us take this connection to even greater heights for Canadian coffee lovers.”
– John Betts, McDonald’s Canada President and CEO
- With more than 140 aircraft, the partnership will serve approximately 30,000 cups of McCafé Premium Roast coffee to our guests, every day.
- Coffee on board our aircraft is served in a McCafé signature double-walled cup, which will have the same highly popular on-cup rewards collector card and peelable sticker, redeemable upon completion at participating Canadian McDonald’s restaurants.
- The unique cups feature a special McCafé and WestJet design and will be offered for the first time on-board with a lid as a courtesy on request.
- With McDonald’s Canada, we found a Canadian partner that shares a focus on community, including through an existing and strong relationship with Ronald McDonald House Charities®
- Both WestJet and McDonalds Canada are consistently among Canada’s Top Employers.
- McCafé Premium Roast Brewed coffee is made with 100 per cent Arabica beans. For more information about McCafé’s sustainability commitments, please visit mcdonalds.ca.
- Complimentary beverages are available on most WestJet flights and may include water, soft drinks, juice, tea, and McCafé Premium Roast coffee.