No matter the day of the week, Denver’s a something-to-do-every-day type of city. So whether you travel during the week, or are a weekend warrior, the Mile High City has something waiting for you. From an exciting nightlife scene to major league entertainment, and from great restaurants to outdoor adventures, you can wear a game face anytime. So, let’s break it down into a handy top 10 list (in no particular order) to give you an idea of what a 300 annual days of sunshine city has to offer. Here you go:
Top 10 things to see and do in Denver:
1. Red Rocks Amphitheater – knock this naturally formed, world-famous outdoor music venue off your bucket list, or really, knock it off your awesome things to see list.
2. The Great American Beer Fest – touted as one of America’s top beer festivals, get your fill of suds here.
3. World-class skiing and snowboarding resorts – there’s snow in those mountains. Get first tracks in some fresh powder.
4. Major league sports (all of them) – it’s time get your fix of sports. Baseball, hockey, basketball, football and more, the Mile High City has it all.
5. United States Mint – the best place to see where the money in your wallet is made.
6. Larimer Square – take in the shops, restaurants and nightlife that the city’s most historic block has to offer.
7. Denver Zoo – when Bear Mountain opened in 1918, the Denver Zoo was born. Take in 80 acres of wildlife from all over the world.
8. Mount Evans – the highest summit of the Chicago Peaks in the Front Range of the American Rocky Mountains.
9. Washington Park – this 155-acre park is home to two lakes, including two flower gardens, one of them being an exact replica of George Washington’s garden located at Mount Vernon.
10. Some of the top restaurants in the United States – way too many to list here. Enjoy experiencing them all for yourself. Your taste buds will thank you.
Top 10 days to visit Denver:
8. Any weekday
9. Any day the sun rises
10. Any day the sun sets
So, whether it’s a gameday, or just a Wednesday, every day is a great day to visit Denver.